St. Francis Hospital Nsambya in Kampala, Uganda was founded by the little sisters of St. Francis in 1903. The hospital is located on Nsambya Hill in the centre of Kampala and has 23 staff and volunteers. It receives financial support from the sisters of charity. The clinic treats both HIV and general medicine patients. As of the 1st of April 2010, there were approximately 10500 HIV positive patients on follow-up in this clinic, of whom approximately 4000 patients are currently on first-line treatment, and approximately 400 patients have been started on second-line therapy. The site is experienced in clinical research and has participated in numerous studies including PETRA (Perinatal Transmission), SIMBA, MAGPIE and Microbicide trials. The key EARNEST site personnel are Dr. Pius Okong (PI), Dr. Raymond Mwebaze (Co-PI) and Dr. Mary Mbidde-Tabaro (Trial Manager) and these are ably supported by Dr. Emanuela de Vivo, Josephine Kataabazi, Harriet Kalanzi , Ismael Kibirige, Florence Oligo, Sr. Anna Kiyingi , Praxedes Nanjobe, Josephine Kayongo, James Kiyingi.